Saturday, January 18, 2014

Today's Featured Vendor: Rachael Ryen Jewelry


Today's Featured Vendor is: Rachael Ryen Jewelry!

"I come from a family of artists and by the age of 4 I knew I wanted to do something with fashion and design. I also adore gemstones and have been fascinated by them since an early age, but it wasn’t until later in life that I put the two together. Out of college, life took me in a different direction and I pursued a career in marketing. While I enjoyed my job, I knew it wasn’t my passion. I wanted to do something that nurtured my creativity and began making jewelry as a hobby. As my interest for jewelry developed I began taking wax carving and soldering classes in my free time. A few of my friends saw my pieces and convinced me to start selling my collection. When I landed in my first boutique I knew this was what I was meant to do.   
I've always loved jewelry, but as I shopped for pieces to add to my personal collection I noticed there weren’t many jewelry brands that offered much in between the “costume” and “fine” jewelry categories. It was difficult to find a beautiful, genuine stone that wasn’t set in solid gold with a price to match. With designs in hand and a goal to fill a void in the marketplace, I launched Rachael Ryen Jewelry in 2010.
Each design is created by me, incorporating hand-picked semi-precious gemstones and raw diamonds, and finished at my studio in Boston, MA. "



No comments:

Post a Comment